The Murray Parish Trust is delighted to invite you as an artist to help create a spectacular public art event in Winchester in the Summer of 2022, to breathe a new lease of life into this beautiful city.
We have teamed up with Wild in Art to create the “Hares of Hampshire” exhibition. For ten weeks, from June to August 2022, Winchester streets, parks and public spaces will be brought to life with an exhibition of magnificent, giant Hampshire Hare sculptures. We are looking for artists, both local and well-known, to paint, decorate or creatively reimagine these sculptures.
This is a huge opportunity for both new and established artists, both local and from further afield to showcase their creativity and talents through this unique, engaging and family-friendly exhibition.
So are you ready to hop into action?
Our hare sculptures are the blank 3D canvas on which you will create your unique design.
You may decide to run free with a design that’s vibrant, dazzling, entertaining and light-hearted or you could go with a theme that’s close to your heart such as celebrating communities, promoting health and wellbeing or caring for the natural world. Wherever you get your inspiration, we hope you’ll have fun, work your creative magic and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! We hope you are ready to join us in leaping out of lockdown hibernation and forwards into liberated creativity!
Successful artists will…
- Receive £900 upon completion of their Hare sculpture
- Work alongside the corporate sponsor who selects their design
- Showcase their work to thousands of people who’ll see the Hares of Hampshire trail and all the event collateral
- Have their design featured on one of the large Hares auctioned
- Have the choice to meet other artists and work alongside them in the communal painting space
- Support The Murray Parish Trust by raising funds to advance paediatric medicine for Southampton Children’s Hospital
How to apply to get involved
Click on the link below to download the full Artists Pack and the Hare templates. Complete the Artists Submission Form and upload your design (PDF, JPG or PNG format in a file not exceeding 2MB) by 11.59pm on 4th January 2022.